Usage & Safety
Knives are extremely sharp tools and should only be used or handled with the utmost care and caution. Here are some tips for using your ZT safely and sanely:
- When opening and closing a knife, be sure to have a firm grip on the handle and keep your fingers clear of the blade’s path.
- When cutting, make sure to keep the rest of your body clear and maintain a safe distance from other persons.
- Always keep your knife clean, maintained, and in working order. Dirt, debris, and worn parts can make a knife function improperly.
- Be sure to use your Zero Tolerance knife only for its intended use.
- Do not use the blade to pry or twist. To maintain the edge and integrity of the blade, do not use a ZT blade to pry or as a screwdriver.
- Any use other than cutting (such as prying or twisting) is considered misuse and abuse—and will void your warranty. Zero Tolerance Knives/Kai USA Ltd. is not responsible for any injuries resulting from misuse or abuse of the product.
- Do not use any ZT knife as a throwing knife or a stabbing device. Throwing knives and knives developed for stabbing have a distinctly different design and function. ZT knives are not intended for throwing or stabbing; they are designed for cutting purposes only.